If you are new to Durian fruits then the very first sight of this fruit could remind you of a porcupine! Credit goes to the spikes present on this henna-green skinned fruit. The flesh, in contrast, is rich, juicy, and succulent. The flesh emits a very strong smell, which could ideally dissuade a first-time eater from trying it. Despite possessing a very strong odor, it is known to have a fantastic effect on the taste buds. Unique in taste, this fruit is packed with assorted nutrients and hence, offers benefits that surely are noteworthy. Durians are quirky, perky fruits with a distinctive scent that is hard to ignore. These fruits are loved in most Asian countries, particularly in the Philippines. The durian fruit is an interesting food because its foul smell is opposite to the juicy, tasty flesh inside. Durians offer plenty of nutritional value and can feed your body with vital nutrients.
10 Benefits of Eating Durian Fruit
1. A good source of energy 100 grams of this fruit satiates about 21% of the daily carbohydrate requirement. Being a rich source of carbohydrates, it is helpful in replenishing your energy levels .
2. Acts as a natural anti-depressant Studies have proven that low levels of serotonin could actually trigger depression. Durian is naturally rich in Vitamin B6 which is essential for the production of serotonin. Hence, the intake of durian is advised to boost serotonin levels and thus, tide over depression .
3. For healthy bones and teeth The presence of calcium, potassium and B vitamins in significant amounts makes this fruit beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth and bones.
4. Aids in delaying aging Vitamin C is found in abundance in this fruit. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps to keep the oxidative stress prompted by free radicals at bay. The lower the oxidative stress levels, the slower the aging process.
5. For a healthy digestive system The presence of dietary fiber in durian helps in easing bowel movement. This in turn keeps away constipation and improves the power of digestion. The presence of thiamin and niacin improves appetite as well as digestive power, thus ensuring that your digestive system stays healthy.
6. Maintaining blood sugar levels The presence of manganese in desired levels aids in the regulation and maintenance of blood sugar levels . Hence, it can be relished by diabetics without any fear.
7. Maintaining blood pressure levels Durian is a good source of potassium which is required to keep the sodium levels of the human body intact. Regular intake of this fruit can thus ward off hypertension and associated medical conditions.
8. Beneficial for Anaemic patients Folate, if not present in adequate quantities, could lower the amount of red blood cells produced. This in turn can trigger anaemia. Durian is a good source of folate along with copper and iron. Hence, anaemic patients can tap the power of this fruit to overcome the health condition.
9. Helps to prevent cardiovascular diseases The presence of organosulfur helps it to regulate the inflammatory enzymes. Hence, it has the potential to keep cardiovascular diseases away.
10. For a better libido Durian is known to enhance libido. Thus, it helps in revitalizing your sexual life.